Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Things I Hate and Love 'bout Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Edition #1

Since I've become obsessed with Linux, I've try to install Linux in every computer that I own. My HP Pavilion DV2 is the only that still, ermm, should I say 'virgin', because I've never made any changes to the OS ever  since I bought it last year. My Compaq laptop had been loaded with Ubuntu, Ubuntu Studio and Fedora (This holiday, I'm gonna try to dual boot it with Windows 7). My new netbook,HP Mini 210, have been included into list as I've manage to dual boot the pre-loaded Windows 7 starter with Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Edition.
There's few thing that I like and dislike about the dual-boot thingy. I'll post it next time.

Here the first thing that I noticed in Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Ed. that I actually like:

The super cool workspaces




And here comes the BAD things that I just have noticed:

the error occurred while updating (seriously, 'something wicked happened' ) ROFL

Ok, wassup with this error, well, because I'm connecting to the internet using wireless. Ubuntu 10.10 has issue with wireless ( i guess), and don't ask me to install the driver, because I already check it, and there is no driver that I need to install. The internet actually work fine using wired connection. I hope the Ubuntu team will solve this issue A.S.A.P, cuz, I actually really really love my Ubuntu.

No comments:

Post a Comment