Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Gambas Almost Means Basic

My last entry is about my Workshop II and stuff related. Today's entry is about Gambas, programming language that I have stupidly chosen for my Workshop II project. Gambas is similar to Visual Basic in certain way. But it have its own syntax in its own way. The learning curve is not so steep. The downside of it is that it is lacking community support, because Gambas is quite new in programming world. I can only have myself to blame for daringly taking Gambas as the programming language for my Workshop II. Curiosity manage to kill this cat this time. 
Currently I'm using Fedora 13 for developing the system. Front-ended by Gambas version 1.0.19 and back-ended by Postgresql 8.4. I'll talk more about Postgresql in my next post. Here I included some screenshot of Gambas IDE.


Gambas IDE startpage


The Gambas IDE


I only manage to find only one reference material for Gambas.Which is this: A Beginner's Guide to Gambas: Programming.There are more actually, but this is the one I'm using right now. 
I can get the e-book in the internet. But it is in protected mood. I need to strain my eyes to actually read the tutorial from my laptop screen. Pity my beautiful eyes. TT_TT..

Those who are interested in Gambas can find much more information here. To Windows users, sorry to say that Gambas is only available in Linux.

If i manage to make an application from Gambas, I'll post it soon. 

Sorry for my random sentences. I have problem in sequence of event. I tend to write what ever is on my mind at the moment.

love...gambas...linux....open source




 

No comments:

Post a Comment